- 2 whole chicken breasts, boned, skinned and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 Tbsp additional soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 to 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews
- Cooked rice
- Marinate chicken in 1 Tbsp soy sauce and rice wine for 30 minutes.
- Combine 2 Tbsp soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar and vinegar and set aside.
- Heat oil in wok or skillet. Add red pepper to taste and cook until black.
- Add chicken and stir fry for 2 minutes. Remove chicken.
- Add green onions and ginger and stir fry for 1 minute. Return chicken to wok. Cook 2 minutes.
- Stirring constantly, add soy sauce mixture and any remaining chicken marinade.
- Add cashews. Serve over cooked rice.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe from: Creme de Colorado Cookbook by Junior League of Denver (Junior League of Denver)
Ground cashews can be used as a thickener