- 1-1/2 cups basmati rice
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick , broken in half
- 5 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon crumbled saffron threads
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Rinse the rice until the water runs clear.
- Put the rice in a medium saucepan with the water, cinnamon stick, cloves, bay leaves, saffron, and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and cook, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let sit, without removing the lid, for 10 minutes. With a fork, gently stir in the butter, cashews, and raisins.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe from: Quick From Scratch Herbs & Spices by Food & Wine Magazine