- Make cashew butter by processing cashews in the food processor until the mixture reaches the consistency of peanut butter. Use as you would peanut butter on bread, crackers, or as a soup thickener.
- Cashews shine in curries, vegetables, salad, pasta, rice, stir-fries, stew, and desserts.
- If your recipe calls for cashew pieces or chopped cashews, no need to go to the extra expense of buying whole cashews.
- Unless intended as a thickener, do not add cashews to hot dishes until near the end of the cooking process as they will quickly become soft and begin to disintegrate.
- Cashews will become soft in baked goods and do not retain their crunch like other nuts.
- 1 pound cashews = 3-1/4 cups.
- 1 ounce cashews = 14 large or 18 medium nuts.
- 6-1/4 ounce can = 1-1/3 cups.
Recent Related Posts