- 1 ounce salted butter
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup pineapple pieces, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 5 ounces cashew nuts, crushed
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups vegetable bouillon
- 1/2 cup Bourbon
- 5 fluid ounces half and half cream
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- parsley sprigs to garnish
- Fry onion and garlic in butter until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Put crushed cashew nuts and onion mixture in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Put cashew mixture into a deep pan. Add pineapple pieces, potatoes, vegetable bouillon, Bourbon, cream, salt and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Add cornstarch mixture to soup. Stir constantly until thickened.
- Serve hot with garlic bread and garnished with parsley sprigs.
Yield: 4 servings
From: Author Unknown